Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just so you all know...

Well hello there blogging world! It's been a while since I've posted on this blog...not because I haven't been taking photos though! Life just gets crazy, I'm telling you.

Just a quick update on my life: 2 weeks ago I moved back to Edmonton and started a new job. As many of you know, photography is not my main career; I am a Registered Nurse and have been juggling the two for the past few years. It has worked quite nicely by giving me a little variety, but I was never really satisfied with how my nursing career was going. I wanted to work in the more exciting, challenging areas, but always found myself taking random jobs in random places. Well I think I can say I've found my niche. I have been hired into the Intensive Care Unit at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Edmonton, and I love it already! All new hires into the ICU are required to take the Critical Care Course, so the past couple of weeks have been a combination of lectures, exams, and buddy shifts in the unit. It's exciting, fast paced, and, well, intense.

With the new year I've done some reflecting on my life and things that I need to change, and I've decided that the main thing I need to focus on is simplifying my life. I have a tendency to spread myself too thin, saying yes to everyone and anyone and anything. Which is why I have decided that I am taking a leave from my photography business for the next little while. I truly love photography, and I hope that by taking a leave from doing it as a business will allow me to truly enjoy it and further develop my talents, instead of stashing my camera away until my next shoot.

I apologize for the unreturned emails and anyone who is waiting to get their photos back...they are coming I promise! I regret that I will not be able to share your memories with you, but I also look forward to focusing on the career that I am trained in, having spare time to spend with family and friends (without feeling guilty about not editing pictures!), and spending more time in the mountains!
IMG_0930

3 comments:

Leah said...

whoa ho HO! I feel like a more appropriate post title would of been this is BIG! ha but completely understand the need for that decision! Best of luck with your new job! :o)

Just Rhonda said...

Beautiful shot and I am glad you found a job you love. :) You can still take lots of pictures of things FOR FUN.

Halo BW said...

Nice pics!

https://masirwin.com/inovasi-peminjaman-online/